The Springdale Public Schools Education Foundation is deeply committed to providing Springdale Graduates with financial assistance to further their educational experiences beyond high school. The individual scholarships are funded by the generous contributions of Springdale patrons who have a passion for helping graduates realize their dreams. SPSEF manages more than $1,500,000 of endowed scholarship money in the following 20 funds:
- Stanley and Annabel Applegate Memorial Scholarship
- Jeff Charlesworth Scholarship
- Jack & Glenna Hellstern Scholarship
- Harold Henson Sr. Scholarship
- Pat R. Henry Memorial Scholarship
- Debbie Hoffarth/Harps Scholarship
- Elmer & Dot Johnson Scholarship
- Coach Kevin Johnson Memorial Scholarship
- Harvey and Bernice Jones Scholarship
- Geneva Powers Memorial Scholarship
- Har-Ber High School Band “Pride In Excellence” Scholarship
- Hartzell Jones Scholarship of Promise and Potential
- Springdale High School Class of 1965 Scholarship
- Springdale Schools Alumni Scholarships
- Springdale Rotary Workforce Scholarship
- Don Tyson Endowed Scholarship for Agricultural, Food, and Life Sciences
- Walter Turnbow Workforce Scholarship
- Weiser Family Scholarship
- Weiser Family Workforce Scholarship
- Willard Walker Rotary Scholarship
Applying for Scholarships
All SPSEF scholarships, as well as colleges/universities, require your current Free Application for Federal Student Aid – Expected Family Contribution (FAFSA-EFC) when applying for financial aid. To apply for a scholarship, follow these steps:
1. Before you apply for any of the Foundation’s Scholarships you MUST complete the FAFSA. To access the FAFSA website: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. Once you have completed the FAFSA, you will receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number listed in the top right hand corner. You will need your EFC number to complete the Foundation Scholarship Application.
2. To see if you are eligible to apply for a particular scholarship, click on each of the scholarship names listed above to read the eligibility, criteria, and guidelines for applying.
3. To apply for a specific scholarship click on the blue APPLY button next to the scholarship name. Students may apply for multiple scholarships.
4. Once you have been redirected to the scholarship application page you will be prompted to create an account and then begin filling out the application. If you can’t finish the entire application in one session, don’t worry because you will be able to save your work and return at a later time to complete or update your application.
The Foundation only accepts scholarship applications between February 1st and April 1st. For more information about applying for scholarships, please contact the Foundation Office at (479) 365-2696 or via email at email@example.com.
Renewing Your Scholarship
If your scholarship is renewable, each year you must complete this Scholarship Renewal Application and request an OFFICIAL copy of your transcript be sent to the SPSEF Office before June 15th. You can either mail your transcript to:
Springdale Public Schools Education Foundation
800 E. Emma Ave., Suite 327
Springdale AR 72764
You can have the school email an OFFICIAL copy of your transcript to: Chris@spsef.org
Your renewal application will not be complete until your transcript is received in the Foundation Office and it has been determined that you have met all of the requirements to receive funding for another year.
To download a list of the 2016 Scholarship Recipients click HERE
To download a list of the 2015 Scholarship Recipients click HERE
To download a list of the 2014 Scholarship Recipients click HERE
To download a list of the 2013 Scholarship Recipients click HERE
To download a list of the 2012 Scholarship Recipients click HERE